Thursday, September 25, 2008

No More Peaches!

Since I last wrote I think all I have done is peaches. I have dried peaches, I have bottled peaches, I have made peach pie and peach jam and frozen peaches. I have also eaten peaches and picked peaches and I even went to the cannery and helped can peaches there. Needless to say I am tired of peaches. I am currently drying my last two batches of peaches and then I will do no more until next year. I ended up with so many peaches because I thought there were not very many on my tree so when people offered me their peaches I said yes. It turned out that there were a lot more on that tree than I thought there were.
Other things of note, I have started substitute teaching again. I am trying to only sub a couple days a week. This was my first week and the first day I was so unmotivated to go and I was wishing that I hadn't taken the job but once I got there and got busy I loved it. I really enjoy working with children and I am glad to be subbing again.
Nathaniel's 10th birthday was today. We celebrated it on Tuesday since this week was way too busy. It is hard to believe that 10 years ago we were having a child with heart issues and we were not sure what to expect. It has turned out so much better than I could have imagined then. Except for the three surgeries Nathaniel has had he has never had a complication or had to go to the emergency room. What a blessing that has been.
Well, I began this on Thursday night and had to save my draft when Kent needed the computer for homework so now I will try to finish this- of course as I write this instead of arguing over who's turn it is for the computer there is now arguing over who's turn it is for the shower. Oh well, it is usually because at the end of the day everyone is just too tired to work things out.
Saturday Brad and I spent most of the day celebrating our 20th anniversary. The actual day was on Wednesday the 24th but we were so busy we hardly saw each other on that day. Saturday was really nice though. We went to the temple and then out to eat. After that we went shopping until it was time to go home and be the parents again. Later that evening after the Relief Society Meeting we watched a movie. It was an especially nice day and it isn't often that we can just relax and enjoy each other without other things to occupy our time.
Other things of note are that our piano has been in the repair shop for almost a month now and it is driving Kent and Laura nuts. We hope it will finally be fixed this week. Kent has had his wisdom teeth out and is very glad to have that miserable experience overwith. He is also having the medical part of his missionary papers done this week. I can't believe that in just a month he will be able to send in his papers and will be waiting for his call. Wow time flies. It seems that just yesterday he was a toddler getting into everything and causing chaos in my life.

1 comments:

Dionne said...

Wendy! I found your blog! This is Dionne Matthews. It is so fun to see how your family is doing. We are still sad that we couldn't make it to Joseph's OUT OF ISOLATION BBQ and see all of you guys! Check out our blog and you can see our 3rd little daughter; it's www.thekensingtonfoundation.blogspot.com. See ya!